- Medical clinic deployed and running within 72 hours, including:
- Consulting and observation rooms, resuscitation, medical and consumable equipment, pharmacy and ambulance services
- Ten doctors, 22 nurses, several logistics personnel, a pathology technician, psychologist, driver and paramedic.
- Successful containment of COVID-19 positive patients living in high-density accommodation.
- Rapid delivery of N95 masks after a critical shortage.
Following a rapidly deteriorating situation on the ground in Kabul, Afghanistan, the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade requested Aspen Medical’s support for the imminent arrival of Afghan evacuees in the United Arab Emirates on their way to Australia, New Zealand and the United States of America.
We provided high-quality primary health care for evacuees on the ground, advising on fitness to fly and providing medical and nursing support on repatriation flights. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we also conducted PCR swabs, on site pathology services and coordinated the establishment of isolation facilities for both COVID-19 and diarrhoea disease for patients living in very high-density accommodations.
Our team treated 715 patients over 19 days, 15% aged five years or younger.