The Rural Locum Assistance Programme (Rural LAP) is a subsidiary of Aspen Medical. Rural LAP is a component of the Australian Government’s rural workforce capacity agenda and aims to provide targeted rural support services to general practitioners, specialists (obstetricians and anaesthetists), nurses, midwives and allied health professionals in rural and remote Australia. Rural LAP enables rural and remote professionals to take leave by finding suitable locums to back-fill positions, ensuring ongoing service delivery.
Rural LAP is currently seeking RN Midwives to join our register of highly qualified and experienced clinicians. Working as a locum in a rural health practice offers fantastic and unique opportunities to Australian health professionals. Rural locum placements provide a chance to travel, to meet new people, develop new skills and to experience Australia.
Joining the register enables you to have priority access to our locum roles when they become available. You can choose where and when you take on these roles, which are variable in length up to a maximum of 28 days.
As a RN Midwife with Rural LAP you will be well supported by our team. Travel and accommodation arrangements are provided plus a daily travel allowance, in addition to a competitive daily salary rate.
What’s in it for you?
· Online registration process
· Salary + travel + accommodation + $100 per day meal and travel allowance + incentive of $137 + super per working day
· Rural LAP will arrange travel from your point of origin to the assignment site and return.
· Opportunity to apply your skills and expertise in different environments across Australia
· Excellent opportunity to support and relieve your fellow healthcare professionals in rural and remote areas.