Aspen Aged Healthcare, a subsidiary of the Aspen Medical Group, contracted to provide ACERT and ACCESS on behalf of the Australian Government, is seeking skilled Physiotherapists to join our existing team of clinical and non-clinical professionals. The roles are critical to support aged care services at short notice. This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapid response team environment and make a difference. With your help, we can ensure that elderly Australians continues to receive quality care during the COVID19 pandemic.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- providing evidence-based Physiotherapy assessments, treatments, and rehabilitation
- providing direction on, and/or conducting exercise and rehabilitation programs, hydrotherapy, and other interventions to enhance the mobility and quality of life of residents
- splinting, plastering, and fitting of orthoses or other physiotherapy prescribed devices
- providing instruction, advice, and recommendations to residents and their families and other health professionals
- liaising with other multidisciplinary health staff with regards to resident management
- using of electrotherapy modalities correctly and safely in accordance with Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) guidelines
- managing of patients in accordance with approved policies and protocols
- maintaining of patient clinical records in accordance with professional and facility standards
- applying stipulated infection control measures and strategies diligently
- maintaining and enhancing the dignity, integrity, rights, and confidentiality of consumers
- understanding and adhering to the guidelines, principles, policies and protocols, Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) policies and work practices of the facility or service you are deployed to
- complying with and maintaining all privacy legislation requirements and relevant confidentiality policies when communicating information pertaining to consumers, team members and the operations of the facility
- complying with the facilities standards regarding client and resident documentation
- reporting any unsafe situations or incidents including ‘near misses’ according to the OHS reporting procedures of Aspen Medical and the aged care service at which you are working.