Aspen Aged Healthcare, a subsidiary of the Aspen Medical Group, contracted to provide ACERT and ACCESS on behalf of the Australian Government, is seeking skilled Personal Care Workers to join our existing team of clinical and non-clinical professionals. The roles are critical to support aged care services at short notice. This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapid response team environment and make a difference. With your help, we can ensure that elderly Australians continues to receive quality care during the COVID19 pandemic.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- providing individualised and personalised care according to the individual care plan
- applying stipulated infection control measures and strategies diligently
- maintaining and enhancing the dignity, integrity, rights, and confidentiality of consumers
- understanding and adhering to the guidelines, principles, policies and protocols, Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) policies and work practices of the facility or service you are deployed to
- monitoring and reporting on client’s conditions as required
- providing information and feedback to Aspen Medical staff and other health professionals as required
- ensuring team members, clients, consumers, and visitors are safe and accurately reporting any incidents, hazards, and near misses in a timely and professional manner
- providing secure management and use of equipment by assisting with preventative maintenance and not using unsafe equipment
- seeking assistance from other relevant team members when tasks fall outside of your knowledge or area of responsibility and/or where issues are unclear or beyond your abilities and qualifications
- complying with and maintain all privacy legislation requirements and relevant confidentiality policies when communicating information pertaining to consumers, team members and the operations of the facility
- complying with the facilities standards regarding client and resident documentation
- reporting any unsafe situations/incidents including ‘near misses’ according to the OHS reporting procedures of Aspen Medical and the aged care service
- taking care of your health and safety and that of others in the workplace.