Aspen Medical, in partnership with the Vanuatu Ministry of Health, is currently seeking to engage two Internal Medicine Specialist/General Physicians to support the patients and wider community of Vanuatu. Based in Port Vila or Espiritu Santo, you would work in a specialist capacity providing clinical services, as well as mentoring and leadership to junior doctors undertaking training.
· Internal Medicine Specialist/General Physician – Northern Provincial Hospital, Santo - ASAP to 31 May 2018
· Internal Medicine Specialist/General Physician – Central Vila Hospital, Port Vila – ASAP to 31 December 2018
· Salary AUD$10,000 per month plus super
· Return flights and accommodation provided
· Additional allowances for phone/internet and accompanying children is also available
· Paid leave entitlements included, plus comprehensive insurances including indemnity and travel
Given the remote location, we are looking for clinicians who can operate independently in potentially under resourced environments, who have a humanitarian streak, and who are committed to helping develop the next generation of specialists. The personal rewards for supporting an emerging health system will be endless, as will be the sunny weather and stretches of white sand. Leave the rat race behind to live and work in paradise for a little while!