The In-House Legal Counsel reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and assumes ultimate responsibility for ensuring that Aspen Medical conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and that Aspen is well represented in the resolution of disputes through litigation or other means, as appropriate.
The successful candidate key responsibilities will include:
- Providing researched, timely, commercial and accurate legal advice on a wide range of commercial matters
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating large commercial contracts.
- Providing advice on and have carriage of a range of litigation ranging from smaller commercial disputes to complex commercial disputes in a range of jurisdictions including the Federal Court of Australia, the state Supreme Courts, Local Courts and various consumer Tribunals.
- Advising senior managers on legal matters to effectively minimise the legal risks and exposures of the company.
- Coaching and advising senior leaders on their responsibilities in relation to legal compliance.
- Overseeing international legal firms appointed for regional contracts.