Global engineering giant chooses Aspen Medical to provide holistic healthcare solution at LNG project
Chevron's Wheatstone Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Project
Chevron’s Wheatstone Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Project is one of Australia’s largest resource projects - providing greater security of supply and significant economic benefits such as employment, government revenue and local business opportunities. A final investment decision to proceed with the Wheatstone Project was made in September 2011, with construction started in December that same year. The Wheatstone Project is located on the remote Pilbara coast of Western Australia (WA) and has been designed and constructed by Bechtel for Chevron. The foundation project consists of two LNG trains with a combined capacity of 8.9 million tonnes per annum (MTPA), and a domestic gas plant.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management and construction companies in the world. Bechtel engaged Aspen Medical to provide a wide range of medical services, including:
- comprehensive general practitioner and associated primary healthcare
- health screening and immunisations
- 24/7 emergency medical services including ambulance retrieval; short-term critical care and high-dependency care; short-term non-critical care, including case management and work-related injuries
- fixed and rotary wing Aero-Medical Evacuation (AME)
- laboratory and diagnostic pathology
- pharmaceuticals and consumables management
- drug and alcohol testing.
- remote and challenging location
- large workforce dependency
- on and off-site services.