Located near the town of Onslow is the Chevron operated Liquid Natural Gas plant (Wheatstone Project) for which Bechtel have been contracted to oversee construction. Aspen has been sub-contracted to provide medical services which currently has a dependency of approximately 7,500 people making it at Aspen’s largest resource sector project in Western Australia. As a two week on/off FIFO General Practitioner on this large project, you will work with the medical services team and provide occupational health care services and emergency medicine in accordance with contractual requirements through:
- Providing advanced medical assessment, diagnosis, care and intervention to patients within General Practitioner scope of practice;
- Stabilising patients and coordinating aeromedical evacuations as required;
- Developing and maintaining evaluation processes of patient outcomes relevant to the General Practitioner scope of practice;
- Conducting required Health Assessments, programs and/or Care Plans utilising specified assessment tools applying a wellness approach, and developing goal orientated care planning in partnership with the consumers;
- Contributing to the multidisciplinary nature of programs and services by delivering the unique skills and knowledge set of a General Practitioner;
- Liaising with referral agencies, service providers, clients and consumer’s family/advocates to ensure best possible outcomes for all stakeholders.