Aspen Aged Healthcare, a subsidiary of the Aspen Medical Group, contracted to provide ACERT and ACCESS on behalf of the Australian Government, is seeking skilled Enrolled Nurses to join our existing team of clinical and non-clinical professionals. The roles are critical to support aged care services at short notice. This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapid response team environment and make a difference. With your help, we can ensure that elderly Australians continues to receive quality care during the COVID19 pandemic.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- applying stipulated infection control measures and strategies diligently
- maintaining and enhancing the dignity, integrity, rights, and confidentiality of consumers
- understanding and adhering to the guidelines, principles, policies, and protocols, Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) policies and work practices of the facility or service you are deployed to
- complying with and maintaining all privacy legislation requirements and relevant confidentiality policies when communicating information pertaining to consumers, team members and the operations of the facility
- complying with the facilities standards regarding client and resident documentation
- reporting any unsafe situations or incidents including ‘near misses’ according to the OHS reporting procedures of Aspen Medical and the aged care service at which you are working
- administering medications by approved routes in accordance with legislative requirements under the direct and indirect supervision of a Registered Nurse
- managing patients in accordance with approved policies and procedures
- taking care for your health and safety and that of others in the workplace
- checking and ensuring that all medical equipment is serviceable prior to use
- compiling of appropriate nursing care notes, in accordance with facility policy and procedures.