Aspen Aged Healthcare, a subsidiary of the Aspen Medical Group contracted to provide ACERT and ACCESS on behalf of the Australian Government, is seeking highly qualified Clinical First Responders (CFR) to join our existing team of clinical and non-clinical professionals. The CFR will deliver critical care and aged care support services to vulnerable older Australians at short notice. This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapid response team environment and make a difference. With your help, we can ensure that our vulnerable aged care community continues to receive quality care during this global pandemic.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- undertaking initial assessments of ACSs impacted by a COVID-19 outbreak using Aspen Aged Healthcare’s Rapid Assessment Methodology
- defining the required response and working with the Aspen Aged Healthcare team to ensure it is deployed efficiently
- assuming interim control of an affected site when required to stabilise and ensure effective care is delivered while the interim workforce solution is deployed
- briefing interim teams on the Sit Rep and implementing the Aspen Aged Healthcare COVID-19 deployment methodology
- effectively liaising with the Department of Health representatives, ACSs and other stakeholders as required
- providing advice and support to deployed Aged Care Emergency Retrieval Teams (ACERT) and Aged Care Clinical and Essential Support Services (ACCESS) teams
- providing leadership for a multidisciplinary clinical team to provide safe and quality service to residents using a person-centred approach as required
- monitoring the delivery of best practice clinical and holistic care to residents
- participating in the continuous quality improvement by reporting and investigating incidents and taking appropriate action as per the Clinical Governance Framework
- maintaining and updating relevant administrative reports and submitting them in a timely manner.