Aspen Aged Healthcare, a subsidiary of the Aspen Medical Group, contracted to provide Emergency Assessment and Response for disability services in Victoria on behalf of the Australian and Victorian Governments, is seeking skilled Registered Nurses to join our existing team of clinical and non-clinical professionals. The roles are critical to support disability services at short notice. This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapid response team environment and make a difference. With your help, we can ensure that Australians with a disability continue to receive quality care and support during the COVID19 pandemic.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- undertaking initial assessments of Residential Disability Services impacted by a COVID19 outbreak, using Aspens Rapid Assessment Methodology
- defining the required response, and work with the Aspen Back of House team to ensure its implementation is effectively negotiated with the Aged Care Service and relevant stakeholders
- supporting the efficient deployment of the agreed response
- ensuring incoming interim staff are briefed on the Sit Rep and implement Aspens Aged Care COVID19 deployment methodology
- liaising effectively with representatives of the Department of Health, the impacted Aged Care Service, and other stakeholders as required;
- providing support and advice to deployed teams
- assuming interim control of an affected site to stabilise and ensuring effective care is delivered while the interim staff solution is deployed
- providing leadership for a multidisciplinary clinical team to provide safe and quality service to residents using a person-centered approach where required
- participating in continuous quality improvement by reporting and investigating incidents and taking appropriate action as per the clinical governance framework
- maintaining and updating relevant administrative reports and submitting them in a timely manner.